Additional Fees
Insurance Plans Acceptance

After having Elephant for a month, I received notice that their underwriter had discovered an error on my initial quote and due to an accident I had 3 years ago, the premium would go from $180 a month to $325 a month!The following month, I expected to have the new amount deducted from my account and 3 days after the due date, I received notice my statement was past due.

I called for an explanation and was told my bank had reversed the payment which I found out was not true. They agreed to run the payment again for a $35 fee. Same story a month later. The agent said if I could fax a copy of my bank statement PROVING the funds were there, they would waive the fee.

I agreed and told them to hold off on running the payment again and began shopping for new insurance. I found insurance that day and when I called Elephant to cancel the policy, I was informed I would be billed $451 which was for the entire month (I had coverage for five days) plus the return fee and cancellation fee. How is that even possible???

Save your money.They are like loan sharks.

Review about: Elephant Insurance Services Auto Insurance.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Had an Experience with Elephant Insurance Services?

Comments