Additional Fees
Insurance Plans Acceptance

I called and cancelled my policy with The Elephant on 05/02/2017 and was told nothing would be charged to my card I had on file.I got a notification that I was charged a fee after my policy had been cancelled.

I spoke with supervisor Patrice (whom was very condescending) regarding the charge and was advised I was charged for a lapse in coverage prior to me getting insurance with the elephant. I made it aware that I did not have a vehicle and therefore I didn't not need insurance. Per Patrice a letter was sent to my email which it was but went to my junk folder that I do not check like most people. I never received any mail to my home address nor did I get any calls from the elephant.

I requested to have the money refunded back to my card as soon as possible. When I cancelled my policy I requested to not have any funds pulled from my card and was told nothing would be charged.

I was only advised of the charge after I cancelled my policy.I will also be filing a complaint to the BBB regarding this issue.

Review about: Elephant Insurance Services Auto Insurance.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

I didn't like: Customer service and unapproved charges.

Had an Experience with Elephant Insurance Services?

Comments

Dallas, Texas, United States #1343355

What you can do is call your credit card company or the bank if a debit card and declare a fraudulent and unapproved transaction.You have rights.

The Credit Card company will come down on them like a ton of bricks if you explain carefully and describe exactly what happened.Also tell them no charges from the company shall every hit your card again.You will get the money back, and they will never be able to place a charge on anything.