I called and cancelled my policy with The Elephant on 05/02/2017 and was told nothing would be charged to my card I had on file.I got a notification that I was charged a fee after my policy had been cancelled.

I spoke with supervisor Patrice (whom was very condescending) regarding the charge and was advised I was charged for a lapse in coverage prior to me getting insurance with the elephant. I made it aware that I did not have a vehicle and therefore I didn't not need insurance. Per Patrice a letter was sent to my email which it was but went to my junk folder that I do not check like most people. I never received any mail to my home address nor did I get any calls from the elephant.

I requested to have the money refunded back to my card as soon as possible. When I cancelled my policy I requested to not have any funds pulled from my card and was told nothing would be charged.

I was only advised of the charge after I cancelled my policy.I will also be filing a complaint to the BBB regarding this issue.

I didn't like: Customer service and unapproved charges.

Insurance Plans Acceptance
Additional Fees
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy / $23
Preferred solution Full refund

Had an Experience with Elephant Insurance Services?

Comments

Be the first to start a discussion